Join the Herts Bird Club
Do join us to support local bird watching and:
- Contribute your records for positive conservation purposes
- Take part in original and innovative survey work
- Receive a free copy of the annual Hertfordshire Bird Report
- Keep in touch with the best in Hertfordshire birding
- Attend the annual Bird Club conference
- Learn more about Hertfordshire's birds
- Support the important work of the Bird Club
The only county-wide organisation for birdwatchers
For only £1 a month
As a member of the Herts Bird Club you will:
- receive a free copy of the annual Hertfordshire Bird Report. The report contains full details of all species recorded in Hertfordshire in the year plus papers on birds new to the county, recent survey work and many other subjects. The 2015 Bird Report is expected in September 2016
- be able to attend the annual HBC/BTO Conference. Held in February or March each year, in association with the BTO, this provides a forum for discussion on matters of local and national interest in addition to presentations from expert speakers.
- have the chance to take part in local and national survey work. The club runs a programme of survey and monitoring work and all members are welcome to participate.
- have access to all meetings of the Herts Natural History Society. If your interests extend to other areas of natural history you may attend any of the meetings held by the society covering areas such as mammals, insects, fungi and flora. A supplement of £6 entitles you to a copy of the annual Hertfordshire Naturalist, the Society's journal.
- support the important work of the Bird Club.
Join the Herts Bird Club today
Either: pay your membership subscription online with your credit or debit card, click the Virgin button to link to the HNHS page at Virgin Money Giving, then make a donation for £12, £18 or £22 (your subscription is eligilbe for Gift Aid). Once you have made your payment please complete this membership form and forward it to our membership secretary, Virginia Kennard by email,
OR pay by cheque: print out and complete a membership form and post it with your cheque payable to 'Hertfordshire Natural History Society' to Virginia Kennard, 72 The Ryde, Hatfield, AL9 5DL
The details needed for membership are your name and contact details (address, email address and telephone number) and wildlife interests.
TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP simply pay on line via VirginMoneyGiving or send your cheque, payable to 'Hertfordshire Natural History Society' to Virginia Kennard, 72 The Ryde, Hatfield, AL9 5DL.
- £12 per year – Individual membership: plus you will receive a copy of The Hertfordshire Bird Report
- £18 per year – Individual membership: plus you will receive copies of both our journals, The Hertfordshire Naturalist and The Hertfordshire Bird Report
- £22 per year – Family membership: plus you will receive copies of both our journals, The Hertfordshire Naturalist and The Hertfordshire Bird Report
- £18 per year – Corporate subscription – available to organisations such as companies, local authorities and colleges – carries the same privileges as ordinary member.
Subscriptions fall due on 1 January each year.
The whole of your subscription and any donations are eligible for Gift Aid. HM Revinue and Customs will give the Society 25p for every £1 donated (that is £4.50 on a subscription of £18), so it is well worth it. You are eligible for Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer and your annual income tax and/or capital gains tax is greater than the tax the Society will reclaim. For more details see HMRC website.
For the Society to claim Gift Aid on your subscription all we need is your name and address and for you to tell us in an email or letter that you wish to add Gift Aid and that you are an eligible UK taxpayer. You can download a Gift Aid form here.
If you would like more information or have any queries please contact Virginia Kennard.