We welcome as members everyone interested in the natural history of our county.
Members can take part in all the activities of the Society and Herts Bird Club. Your subscription will support the work of the Society and in addition members receive copies of our journals.
To join the Society, please download and complete an application form (either in Word or as PDF) or simply send your name and contact details (address, email address and telephone number) with your payment (details below) to our Membership Secretary, Virginia Kennard by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to 72 The Ryde, Hatfield, AL9 5DL.
Subscriptions are eligible for Gift Aid so please add Gift Aid if you can, see below.
- £18 per year – Individual membership: you will receive copies of both our journals, The Hertfordshire Naturalist and The Herts Bird Report
- £12 per year – Individual membership (Herts Bird Club): you will receive a copy of The Herts Bird Report
- £22 per year – Family membership: you will receive copies of both our journals, The Hertfordshire Naturalist and The Herts Bird Report
- £18 per year – Corporate subscription – available to organisations such as companies, local authorities and colleges – carries the same privileges as ordinary member.
Subscriptions fall due on 1 January each year. New members joining after 1 October can either opt to receive that year's publications or carry the subscription over to the following year.
Ways to pay your membership subscription
- Pay on line - donate your subscription through our Virgin Money Giving page using your credit or debit card - click this link. Membership subscriptions are eligible for Gift Aid.
- Send a cheque, payable to 'Hertfordshire Natural History Society' to Virginia Kennard, 72 The Ryde, Hatfield, AL9 5DL.
- Transfer your subscription via telephone or internet banking or set up a standing order, details are on the application form.
The whole of your subscription and any donations are eligible for Gift Aid. HM Revinue and Customs will give the Society 25p for every £1 donated (that is £4.50 on a subscription of £18), so it is well worth it. You are eligible for Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer and your annual income tax and/or capital gains tax is greater than the tax the Society will reclaim. For more details see HMRC website.
For the Society to claim Gift Aid on your subscription all we need is your name and address and for you to tell us in an email or letter that you wish to add Gift Aid and that you are an eligible UK taxpayer. Click here to download a Gift Aid form Many thanks.
For general queries about Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Herts Bird Club please contact our Secretary, David Utting at email@example.com