The Hertfordshire Bird Report 2008, published in December 2010, contains articles and information about the current status of bird species in the county:
- Editor’s report
- Guidelines for observers – a checklist of the birds of Hertfordshire
- Review of the year
- Systematic list
- WeBS counts for Hertfordshire in 2008
- Records relating to birds thought or known to be of captive origin
- First and last dates of migrants
- List of observers
- Bird ringing in Hertfordshire in 2008
- The Breeding Bird Survey in Hertfordshire in 2008
- The Hertfordshire Bird Atlas
- Great Reed Warbler at Amwell Nature Reserve
- Icterine Warbler at Wilstone Reservoir
- Richard’s Pipit over Miswell Farm
- Breeding season densities of Common Buzzard in Hertfordshire in 2008
- Hertfordshire Red Data List for Birds, 2010
- Nest recording in Hertfordshire in 2008
- Herts Rare Birds Panel report
- Hertfordshire gazetteer
- Herts Bird Club committee and contacts.
The Bird Report 2008 is available for £4 (p&p free for dispatch to addresses in the UK) from HNHS Secretary, Linda Smith, 24 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JU.
Please send Linda a cheque made payable to Hertfordshire Natural History Society or buy with PayPal below.