The 2012 report is now available with fabulous Little Bittern on the cover. The report is in full colour throughout with masses of information and photos of all our county’s birds.
Copies will be distributed to all current members of HNHS/Herts Bird Club from 30 June 2014.
The Report features the special birds seen in 2012 plus the regular articles and information about the current status of bird species in the county:
- Herts Rare Birds Panel report
- Editor’s report
- Review of the year
- Systematic list
- Records of birds of captive origin
- Nightingale survey 2012, Chris Dee
- Spotted Sandpiper at Hilfield Park Res on 24 June, Tony Blake
- Little Bittern on River Colne in June Jack Fearnside
- A review of the numbers and breeding performance of nesting Tree Sparrows in the Tyttenhanger area 1999-2012, Ken Smith, Jim Terry and Peter Delaloye
- Bird ringing in Hertfordshire in 2011
- The Breeding Bird Survey in Hertfordshire in 2011
- Guidelines for observers – a checklist of the birds of Hertfordshire
- List of observers
- Herts Bird Club committee and contacts.
The following information is published on the website and is not included in the Bird Report:
- Results of the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) for 2012 are available here.
- Herts Gazetteer of sites for bird recording is now online here.
Copies are available for £5 (p&p free for dispatch to addresses in the UK) from HNHS Secretary, Linda Smith, 24 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JU.
Please send a cheque made payable to Hertfordshire Natural History Society to Linda or buy with PayPal below.